Tuesday 23 August 2011

LONG-SERVING EMPLOYEE CELEBRATES 30 YEARS WORKING WITH RENAULT

News from RENAULT WIRRAL

For Immediate Release: 23rd August, 2011




One member of the Renault Wirral staff is celebrating a 30 year career working with the well-known car manufacturer this month.
Long-serving employee, Stephen Broom, started working for Renault dealers Lewis Reed as a valeter aged 19, and works in the same building on Woodchurch Road for Renault Wirral today.
As a Site and Valeting Manager, Mr Broom, 52, said he has formed some extremely close friendships working with Renault over the years, and will continue to do the job for many years to come.
He said: “I will always remember my first day at the site on August 10 1981, as it’s my brother’s birthday.
“I started off working for Lewis Reed, which was very much a family business, and I was there right from the start when we began with just a few cars of different makes and models.”
Mr Broom explained that the firm began to deal in Renault too selling models such as the Renault 5, and it was at the site he had always worked that Renault Wirral took over around four years ago, and he began working for them.
He said: “I love my job working for Renault Wirral and I know so many people that I have met through the business over the years that I still see today.
“People ask me for advice about things because they know I have learnt so much over the years.
“I enjoy the variety of the job and the fact I could be working alongside sales one day, the body shop the next or even with our servicing department.”
Mr Broom, who is married to Lyn, has two children called Adam and Alex and a grandson called Finlay. He explained that Renault held a special place in his heart, and he had no intention of leaving the job before he had to retire.
He said: “I’ll be here for many more years because I enjoy coming into work.”
Mark Whitaker, General Manager at Renault Wirral said he was proud to have an employee like Mr Broom with so much knowledge and experience at the dealership.
He said: “He is a dedicated member of staff who gets along with everyone and gives back to the business.”


Ends
Dpr11074
Words: 372

No comments:

Post a Comment