Tuesday 13 November 2012

JANE, DO YOU TAKE THIS TWINGO TO BE YOUR LAWFUL WEDDED CAR?



 

Jane Skelton from Willingham has proved her Va Va Voom after winning a fantastic Renault Twingo Dynamique in a competition run by Renault and Yahoo!

Jane, a tutor, was presented with her prize car this week from Ian Davidson, sales manager at local Renault dealer Wests of Cambridge.

The competition was run on the Yahoo! Website on February 29 this year to mark the re-launch of the Renault Twingo and invited participants to find innovative ways of proposing to their men. As is traditional, February 29 is the day when the tables are turned and women propose to men rather than vice versa.

Jane’s proposal put her into the final three and involved a trip to London where she proposed to her partner Tim by enlisting the help of a group of people wearing t-shirts spelling out “Tim, will you marry me?”

Tim of course, said yes and the pair are set to tie the knot late next year when he has completed his MA in historic building conservation.

The couple have known each other for 19 years and have been together for five, so the competition proved to be a catalyst for a wedding proposal

Jane said: “It was surreal. I saw the competition and on the spur of the moment, I thought ‘I’ll do it!” 

“I decided to do something that would have something he could read; a big reveal, as I knew if I said it, I’d verbally crumble.  It worked brilliantly, and he was knocked sideways. It was a very intense moment and worth all of the planning. I didn’t tell a soul about it and he really didn’t have a clue!”

“Then, I was told that I’d made it to the final three and we had a day in London.  It was an emotional day and I spent most of it crying! 

“Then to find out we’d won was amazing. It was so surreal and bizarre!  I keep asking myself if it really happened!  I have memories of the most amazing day and also to have won a brand new Twingo was fabulous, particularly as we’ve always driven around in old bangers.

Ian Davidson, sales manager at Wests Renault, delivered the keys to both Jane and Tim this week. He said: “We had a lot of fun handing the Twingo Dynamique over and wish the couple every happiness in their journey together”.

For more information, visit www.westsrenault.co.uk or www.renault.co.uk

Jane’s emotional proposal can be seen here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ms04R24bQ&feature=youtu.be

 

Ends

Words: 440

DPR20253

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment