Mike Betts, chief executive, Motability Operations, commented:
“The Motability Scheme delivers a service that enhances the lives and opportunities for disabled people and their families. The Supplier Awards recognises the performance and consistent excellence across the different types of businesses and people who deliver that service to our customers. Ranging from those involved in face-to-face customer service, to those who deliver the behind the scenes logistics of the scheme, all winners and commended businesses and individuals are united by their high standards.
Renault Watford should be particularly proud of their achievement – judges commended their hard work and great results.”
As well as the award for best dealer fleet size up to 250, there were a further 13 awards presented at a business session hosted by broadcaster Huw Edwards on 8 July 2011. In addition to commended businesses and individuals, there were also winners in each category.
Celebrating their Motability Supplier Awards commended recognition, Leonel Ferreira and Darren Hawkins from
Renault Watford, said:
“To receive commended status in the Motability Supplier Awards in the best dealer fleet category is simply fantastic, particularly against the stiff competition that the awards are renowned for.
Renault Watford is thrilled to have this professional recognition and an award-winning partnership with Motability Operations.”
Motability Operations manages the worry-free Motability Scheme for disabled people and their families. Anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement can exchange this monthly payment for a brand new car, powered wheelchair or scooter through Motability.
For more information on Motability call 0800 093 1000 or visit www.motability.co.uk.
Press information and images:
Katie Wright, Stacey Stockwell or Sarah Rathbone
020 8237 1210
Information for editors:
· Motability is the
’s leading car scheme for disabled people. It provides affordable, convenient, worry-free motoring to over 570,000 disabled customers and their families. Scooters and powered wheelchairs can also be leased through Motability. UK
· The Scheme is available to anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement. Customers simply transfer their mobility allowance to Motability to lease a car, powered wheelchair or scooter.
· Customer benefits for those leasing a car include a choice of over 4,000 brand new cars, insurance for two named drivers, servicing and maintenance, full RAC breakdown assistance, tyre and windscreen replacement and 60,000 mileage allowance over three years. A range of popular car adaptations are also available at no additional cost.
· Customer benefits for those leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair include an affordable and wide range of choices, standard pricing nationwide, insurance, breakdown assistance, servicing, maintenance and repairs and tyre and battery replacement.
· The Scheme is directed and overseen by Motability, a national charity, which also provides financial assistance to customers, who would otherwise be unable to afford the mobility solution they need.
· Motability Operations is the not-for profit public company, that operates the Motability Car Scheme and the Motability Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme, under contract to Motability.